Saturday, November 8, 2014

Apologies

I drafted this post back in February, but for whatever reason didn't feel like it was the right time to post it. I think it is now. I understand that it's not the most lighthearted of posts - but life doesn't always deal you the most lighthearted of times.

This post has a lot of apologies to a lot of different people, but the one thing I won't apologize for in this post is creating it. It's an honest expression of feelings, and I think every once in a while, those need to be shared - if only to get them out there. So thanks for listening - and don't worry, the next post should probably be a little more lighthearted.
  • I'm sorry I couldn't be a better friend to you that time you were crying in the hall.

  • I'm sorry I haven't written you as much as I should.
  • I'm sorry I wasn't as supportive as I should have been when you told me about your dad.

  • I'm sorry I made it so awkward between us. It was my first time.

  • I'm sorry I got lost in my own life and completely walked out of yours.
  • I'm sorry I still keep doing it.
  • I'm sorry I don't still help you.

  • I'm sorry I didn't try harder.
  • I'm sorry I let you leave/walk out of my life.
  • I'm sorry I don't stop you from telling me who to be.

  • I'm sorry you hated me - based on the circumstances, I kind of deserved it.
  • I'm sorry I didn't care about us as much as you did.
  • I'm sorry I don't speak up when you need to hear it.

  • I'm sorry we're not as close as we used to be.
  • I'm sorry if you don't feel like you belong with us.
  • I'm sorry I don't tell you enough that I love you.

  • I'm sorry I can't ease your pains.
  • I'm sorry I don't trust on you like I could.

  • I'm sorry if/when I disappoint you.
  • I'm sorry I can't be who you want me to be.
  • I'm sorry if/when I still pretend to be that.

  • I'm sorry I've kept so many secrets for you.
  • I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me.
  • I'm sorry it took me so long to talk to you.

  • I'm sorry my efforts weren't enough. I tried. I really did.
  • I'm sorry it didn't work out between us.
  • I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner.
  • I'm sorry for the pain I put you through.
  • I'm sorry I couldn't love you like you wanted me to.

  • I'm sorry we don't talk as much. I still want it.
  • I'm sorry for the times I've made you cry.
  • I'm sorry for when I've been difficult.
  • I'm sorry I don't appreciate you as much as you deserve.

  • I'm sorry I get so mad at you sometimes - it's just pain.
  • I'm sorry I just don't understand.
  • I'm sorry for the stupid things I do because of that.
  • I'm sorry I blame you.
  • I'm sorry I don't want what you want me to.

  • I'm sorry I don't love you. You don't deserve that.

No comments: